Genesee County couple dies after gas leak causes explosion

A Genesee County man doing excavation work at his Thetford Township home had underground utility lines marked, but apparently failed to hand-dig to expose the lines before digging with a backhoe, snagging a gas line that led to a leak and fatal home explosion Tuesday that killed him and his wife and critically injured a third man, investigators said.

Killed were David John Miller, 55, and Susan Renee Miller, 56. A guest at their home on East Vienna Road, Robert Guarisco, 37, of Millington, was transported to the University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center in Ann Arbor with “very serious injuries,” said Clio Area Fire Authority Chief Gary Domerese.

avatar

Posted by Tribune News Services

Leave a Reply