Grease fire reported at Burger King

MANISTEE — No injuries were reported on Sunday morning after two fire departments were dispatched to Burger King in Manistee.

Manistee County Central Dispatch put a call out around 8:10 a.m. on Sunday for a fire at Burger King, located at 134 E. Parkdale Ave., reporting extensive flames.

However, Manistee Township Fire Department Lt. Joe Wells said when firefighters arrived on scene there were just minor flames at that time.

“It didn’t extend anywhere else. It was self contained inside the chimney,” he said. “The grease caught on fire; that’s it.”

Eastlake Fire Department was also dispatched, something that is automatic when Manistee Township Fire is called out, said Wells.

Leave a Reply