City residents have opportunity to serve on boards and commissions

BIG RAPIDS — City of Big Rapids residents have an opportunity to become involved in local government by serving on a city board or commission.

Boards and commissions with open seats include the Act 345 board, assessment board of review, compensation commission, Dial-A-Ride Transportation advisory board, income tax board of appeal, library board, park and recreation board, planning commission, property maintenance appeals board and zoning board of appeals.

People interested in serving their community are encouraged to fill out an interest indicator, which is available online at, or in person from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the city clerk’s office in Big Rapids City Hall, located at 226 N. Michigan Ave.


Posted by Taylor Fussman

Taylor is the cops and courts reporter for the Pioneer and Herald Review newspapers. She can be reached at (231) 592-8362 or by email at

Leave a Reply